All Yvonne Koné products are made to last, and we hope you will enjoy them for a very long time. Ensure longevity by taking good care:
- Avoid contact with abrasive surfaces to minimize scratches.
- Clean the leather regularly with a dry cloth.
- When not in use, store in the dust bag provided.
- We recommend using a protective spray on suede or brushed buffalo skin products before wear.
- To revive old leather, try holding your shoes or bag carefully over hot steam followed by a gentle rub with a soft suede brush.
- Dark colours on leather might come off when first used. To avoid smudges on other fabric, we suggest wearing clothing in similar shades until the extra dye vanishes.
- Avoid contact with abrasive surfaces to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Jewellery like rings or earrings might pull out threads.
- We do not recommend wearing a lot of perfume, as it can stain your scarf.
- Hand wash with a mild detergent, and lay flat to dry.
- Remove pills with a cashmere comb.
Vegetable tanned leather
This product is made from vegetable-tanned and chrome-free leather. Following a traditional craft method, we use natural tannins instead of harmful chemicals to preserve the leather’s texture, organic look and earthy smell. Because it is untreated, the leather will transform with wear and tear, and the colour will develop a deep, rich and warm tone. With sunlight, air, liquids and oils of your skin, your bag will develop a unique patina over time and carry history.
Ensure longevity by taking good care: Avoid contact with abrasive surfaces, direct heat or rain. Colours on leather may come off when first used and we suggest wearing clothing in shades similar to your bag until the extra dye vanishes.